One of the questions we hear most often – WHY ISN’T MY SITE FIRST!!!
We know, understand, and even ask the same questions ourselves. The simple answer is that Google looks at many different aspects of a website – keywords, meta data, title, blog, media, inbound & outbound links, your content etc…, and then tries to figure out if your site is relevant to the search.
The not-so-simple answer is that it takes a lot of time and detail work for a site to rank high in Google. There is no magic bullet and nobody can 100% guarantee you that you will end up on the first page of Google.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is a process to get your site optimized, found and then ranked by Google.
Here are some basic things that can you can do:
- Make sure your site is registered with Google.
- If you have business where people could come to you, make sure you are registered with the Google Local Business Directory.
- Ask your employees, friends and family what they would type in to search for your business (no, not your business name…). For instance, if you are a florist in Orlando; the average person would probably search for “Florist in Orlando” and then see the results. These are “keywords” and are the most important part of your SEO.
- Come up with a short, 200 character sentence description of your company / business and try to incorporate the keywords from above into it.
- Add the descriptions & keywords to the pages in your site.
- Ensure that you have a XML sitemap that Google can scan.
If this is more than you feel like taking on, don’t worry – we can do it for you. JustÂ contact usÂ and we’ll do the rest.
Owner / Creative Director